Turn on the publishing feature at the site collection level
- Go to the site collection top site, Site Settings
- Click Site collection features under the heading Site Collection Administration
- Look for SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure, and click Activate next to it.
Note: Once publishing features are activated, subsites inherit them automatically. But, if you built a site before activating the publishing infrastructure, you’ll have to manually activate it for each site.
Turn on the publishing feature at the sub-site level
- Go to the sub-site you wanted the publishing feature on, Site Settings
- Click Manage site features under the heading Site Actions
- Look for SharePoint Server Publishing, and click Activate next to it.
If you’ve successfully turned on the features, you will see a few new libraries added to your site. Read the full list of features enabled